To make sure your masonry will absorb water, try to wet it. You can
use a hose or a spray bottle or just throw some water from a cup. If
the water beads up and the masonry doesn't change color then it
cannot be effectively stained by our product. If the water soaks in and darkens the masonry temporarily until it dries, then our stain
will work well for you.
The Colorant Kit:is designed for the home-owner/one-time-user.
This kit will cover 150 to 200 sqft depending on the mix used and
the work being done. All five colors can be easily reordered. 20+
additional colors available if needed.
The Brickman Stain Kit:is designed for contractors and multiple
uses. This kit will cover 300 to 400 sqft depending on the mix used
and the work being done. All ten colors can be easily reordered.
20+ additional colors available if needed.
- Choose the colors that will combine with the existing masonry to
create the look you want (think of color theory-green+red=brown,
- Always use leveled measurements to keep future batches
- Write detailed notes on how much materials you are using to
assure the same look every time
- Start with the smallest amount of materials, you can always add
more but cannot take away
- For a slight color change, use as little as ½ to 1 leveled teaspoon
For a major color change, start with 2 to 3 leveled teaspoons of
color. To lighten or darken, add as little as ¼ leveled teaspoon.
- Allow mixture to dry for a least 30 minutes before deciding if
adjustments are needed.